Thread: New and I seem to have different symptoms

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default New and I seem to have different symptoms

Hello everyone! Looking for help and I guess wanting to know if any of you have ever experienced the symptoms I seem to have...my doctor feels that my symptoms are not generally related to Lupus. Let me explain what happens to me.

It seems that when I have more than normal stress in my life, I get this pressure in my throat area, almost as if someone is pressing on my adams apple area to the point where I feel like I'm going to vomit - the problem is, it doesn't stop - it is constant - my eyes water constantly, just tears run down my face - I also feel like there is some type of mass or something under my chin in the throat area, but each doctor I have shown has felt it and doesn't seem alarmed - Rheum/Gastro/family doctor - I have extremely dry mouth when I wake up in the morning, but during the day I have so much saliva and it is uncomfortable to swallow because of the pressure in my throat...My doctor put me on 10mg of Prednisone and the symptoms went away immediately - in fact I almost cried the first day after taking the steroid because I forgot how it felt to not 'hurt' in my knees and hips.

Anyway, was on the steroids for about 2 months and he just weaned me off of them and almost 3 days into the weaning down, the stiffness and achiness came back - I've been off the steroids completely for approx. 1 week and the throat thing has started today -
    just curious to know if anyone else has experienced this, I do not find any information regarding Lupus and my symptoms related together. thanks!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry, but I have no clue as to what could be causing you these issues. However, if the Prednisone worked, perhaps you can talk to your doctor about staying on a lower maintenance dose. Have you seen an endocrinologist about this issue in your throat? It could be your thyroid. Has any doctor checked your TSH levels to see if your thyroid is behaving normally.
    I would not give up on this. You may have to insist that further tests be done in order to find out exactly what this issue is. Just because the doctors are not alarmed or they feel it is nothing to worry about, doesn't mean that it is nothing to worry about. Get aggressive with your doctors and insist that they do all that is necessary to find out what this is and how to treat it.
    I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!