Greetings, all! I am new to this community, though I've browsed the messages quite a bit over the last year (and found lots of good information, too--thank you). I figure it I'm going to be looking for info here, I might as well participate, rather than just lurking around indefinitely!

I am 43, married, work full time in a technical field. I was diagnosed with UCTD in spring 2013, which resolved to SLE in late summer. Been on Plaquenil for about 8 months and Prednisone off and on for about the same amount of time. I've started having some pretty serious cognitive issues--they have been shocking and scary, like nothing I've ever experienced, and they seem to return whenever my steroid dose is decreased. I feel like my IQ has dropped 50 points and am terrified of losing my job because of it--never thought I'd say it, but I would gladly take the joint pain, fatigue, and skin issues combined, if only I could stave off the mental decline. I am supposed to start on Imuran as soon as my bloodwork confirm that it'll be "safe" to do so. Pretty frightened about it, though...not sure what "safe" means, given some of the published side effects...

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this site, and am forward to meeting you all "in person."