Thread: mrs. newbie

Thanks

Default mrs. newbie

Hi My name is Tiffiny
    I Was diagnosed with lupus in 2012. I joined this site to find support from people who are fighting this terrible disease. I started having symptoms in 2009 and was diagnosed with IBS. My issues got worse during my third pregnancy. I was extremely fatigued and would have dizzy spells. It got to the point where I couldn't doing activity more than a few minutes. After I. Delivered my son MY issues did not get better. I had my thyroid checked and all was normal. I started having heart palpitations so I went to a cardiologist and all was normal. I began to get the small red bulls that formed into weeping blisters and every time I went to the doc they would give me antibiotics but the blisters would come back. FINALLY I encouraged my doctor to test me for lupus and that's when I got my diagnosis. I've also experienced severe headaches joint pain. It's like everyday its something different. I have three small children so I'm as active as I can be. ITS a struggle. Now I'm feel like I'm sinking into depression although I have a great support system. I JUST WANT TO BE HEALTHY!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Tiffany;
    Welcome to our family. Many of us can relate to your story as we've been through the same thing. Many of us have also dealt with the depression. Believe it or not, depression is one of the symptoms of this disease. So, do not beat yourself up about this. Having a chronic illness will make most of us depressed. You have lost your good health and your way of life has been changed. It is quite understandable.
    I have always advocated that it is equally important for us to treat our mental health as it is to treat our physical health. One cannot get better without the other. So, perhaps you can find someone to help you in this area; your faith adviser, a therapist, a close family member etc.
    Of course, you can always come here to talk to us. This site is filled with people who truly understand and who want to help you in any way that we can. You will find that there is always someone here when you need us! I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-13-2014)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

I would like to add to what Susie said so wonderfully.

For a few of us Lupus can affect the hormone release in the brain just as it affects the other parts of our body so not only is it a symptom because of what is happening in our life in can possibly be a symptom brought on by the actual disease itself. Either way it must be dealt with. Just because we have this disease does not mean that we must live in misery however many/most of us need some kind of help to get beyond the sadness and depression.

There is NO shame in what you are feeling. It is part of being ill as Susie said. Admitting it is the first step to getting better. We are here for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~