Thread: Flare? - How do you know?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Flare? - How do you know?

I'm hoping you guys can help me. I believe I'm having a Lupus flare, but what I don't know is...,when do you go to the hospital? I am "between" rheumies right now (appt is 2/19). Symptoms are insomnia, then extreme fatigue. The left side of my body, in general, is more painful than my right. My foot, ankle, leg, hip, hand, fingers, wrist, elbow & shoulder. My back really hurts and so does my head. Been getting dizzy & feeling lightheaded. My stomach has been hurting and I have had waves of nausea. I have a nose sore also. I don't have a thermometer to take my temp (the battery is dead).

Also...something weird happened less than a week ago; this has happened before but not for this long...my left hand went "crippled" for a little over 2 hours. There was this powerful force, I couldn't keep it from happening, my thumb and pinky were drawn together under the other fingers and the other fingers curved down ever so slightly. Is that connected to this? I don't know. I also don't know when it's time to say "I think it's time to go to the hospital and get checked out."

Any thoughts? Any similar stories? I'm happy, willing and interested in "hearing" them all! Otherwise, I hope 2014 has been kind to you so far!

Monique

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

hi monique,

a "flare" is the title we give to anytime our disease is more active than normal.
    it may be more or less severe, it is still a flare.

unfortunately lupus treats every one of us as individuals.
    we each react differently to this disease.
    and our rehabilitation time can be different for each of us.

some of us are lucky to rebuild quickly, and others take forever to regain control.
    there is no true rule ...... it is a hard disease.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.