Thread: more meds, high blood pressure : (

Thanks

Default more meds, high blood pressure : (

So I went to see my rheumy today and my blood pressure was 140 over 102, usually my its low except when i flare. ive been waking up with migraines often and I've been really hot one moment where i start to sweat and cold the next. I had checked my pressure a few days ago I didnt pay it much mind because ive been under an extreme amount of stress lately.

Now my dr. Prescribed high BP meds and she wants me to check it everyday and email the results every two days to her so she can monitor. She scared me because she said my heart is working extra hard pumping blood and I could end up having a stroke : (

She also said she could not let me go home with that kind of pressure it wouldn't be right. i was also prescribed a medrol pack because of all the issues i'm having with brain fog. Uuggghhh I the the stuff and super scared of it because it already caused me to develop the a vascular necrosis.

Any of you with HBP that comes on suddenly?
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

i also have high blood pressure.
    mine was diagnosed before my lupus.

i take my tablet at night just before bed time .....
    the reason is that the medication is most effective just after taking it.
    and when you lie down .....
    your brain and heart are on the same horizontal level .....
    so you are most likely to have a heart attack when you lie down.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-31-2014)

Thanks

Thanks for that advice Steve, the thought of that is very scary. I just don't want to take more meds : (
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to chikititalinda For This Useful Post:

steve.b (01-31-2014)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Steve;
    Thank you for that information! I never knew that. I have been taking my HBP meds in the morning. But, I will start taking them at night.
    Chakititalinda:
    My blood pressure was much like yours (bottom number 102) and I, too, am on HBP meds. However, I've found that my blood pressure only goes up when I go to my HMO located in Fontana. If I go to any other facility, my blood pressure is perfect. It finally occurred to me that the reason it goes so high at the Fontana facility is because that is where my daughter died and I absolutely HATE being there for any reason. But, as that is where all of my doctors are, I have to go there.
    I do hope that you get you BP under control because it can, as your doctor said, lead to a stroke if you are unable to do so.
    I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Oh Susie I'm sorry, it's no wonder your blood pressure goes up in that place who's wouldn't? So even if it's uncontrollable at one time they would still put you on meds?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have extremely high blood pressure for being as young as I am. My meds plus my genetics makes it so high, but with a blood pressure medication I control it pretty easily. Without the medication it's like 180/99.