Thread: Hey! New Member here

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Red face Hey! New Member here

I am a new member, my name is Becky but use the Screen name Buckaroo.

I have no diagnosis yet, if ever. Been dealing with symptoms for 7 years.
    Positive ANA with low titers. Nucleor and one other, Homogenous, I think. Painful achy joints and muscles but especially my hands. Have had surgery on rt middle finger some years back, now I have trigger thumb on the lt. I do work with my hands.

I do have a good Rheumy, I really like him, but we are in this wait and see mode. I take Etodalac for the aches and pains. Have had numerous rashes in the past, dx as Rosacea. I even have it in my eyelids, they stay inflamed. Constant rash on my neck and chest which turns very red when I go in the sun. I did have a strange rash on my arms when all this first started, did leave some scars. Unbelievable fatique at times, and sometimes dizziness. Migraines, oh my that's ENOUGH!

I do have a good G.P. she believes that all this is related to an A.I. Just no diagnosos.

I have looked at this site numerous times in the past couple of years and finally decided to join

Hello all!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi becky,
    it is always good when our "lurkers" finally join us.
    welcome to your new cyber family.

although we are not doctors, and cannot diagnose, we may be able to help with our experiences.
    there is quite a few reasons why you do not have a diagnosis yet.
    the most likely reason is, your symptoms, although quite obvious, do not show specific enough signs to form a diagnosis.

there is 63 different auto immune disorders.
    and many of there symptoms overlap.
    so it is unfortunately quite common for doctors to be "confused" with what is wrong with us.
    luckily, the medical treatment for many of these disorders is similar.
    i am glad you are receiving some medical treatment ... and hope a full diagnosis is not too far away.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank You for the response. I understand the "why" of diagnosis, it is just very Frustrating!
    Have a Fantastic Day!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome!!
    I am so glad that you decided to join our family here. As Steve mentioned, many doctors prefer to do the waiting game thing before they will diagnose. Where you are a bit luckier than most is in the fact that your doctors are at least treating your symptoms while you wait. Unfortunately, too many of them will not.
    I do hope that you get an answer soon and that your symptoms come under some type of control. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Buckaroo (02-03-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good morning, well no not really. Having a bad day today. Woke up with headache, every muscle in my body hurts, sweats. Sounds like flu huh? But no, I know the flu and this isn't it. Took my Etodalac first thing, but its just not cutting it today. Oh I hate this and I don't even have a diagnosis. Nausea too. I really don't want an A.I. but I would like a Diagnosis. Any suggestions to feel better?

Thanks in advance.