Thread: neurocognative disorder diagnosis

Thanks

Default neurocognative disorder diagnosis

So I think I had mentioned that I was seeing a neurologist two months ago for an eight hour long test to see if Lupus was attacking my brain as I am forgetting so many things including how to write!
    I got my results yesterday and this is some of it, "the patient's cognitive deficits are of sufficient severity to warrant a diagnosis of Neurocognative Disorder, it goes on to say These findings are of sufficient severity that they would interfere with her vocational functioning; thus the current data support disability financial support so that she can adequately address contributory factors. Its states its that the current neurocognitive profile reflects frontal system dysfuntion and relative weakness on tasks mediated by the right hemishphere.

UGH, thoughts?
    What I got out of it, is that yes lupus seems to be going after my brain, yeah me! I would like to hear from anyone on your thoughts but especially with those of you that have CNS (?) involvment. I'm floored and kind of numbed right now.
    Thanks!
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i am from australia, and our rules are very different to yours ..........

it would appear as if the doctor has given you an open letter to be able to apply for disability.
    would interfere with her vocational functioning
    thus the current data support disability financial support

those two lines make it impossible for anyone to argue against disability payments.
    we all suffer from some form of brain fog .... your doctor has seen it and stated that it impairs your ability to work.

he has not said you cannot function .....
    he has not said it will deteriorate ....
    he has been safe and given you an open diagnosis.

you now have the option to pursue disability ....
    or pursue retraining assistance if you so desire.

When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (01-19-2014), Saysusie (01-22-2014)