Thread: Hi To All...New Member

Thanks

Red face Hi To All...New Member

Hi everyone,
    This is the first forum that I have ever joined in the 13 years that I have had this illness. Honestly, up until about two months about I had been missed diagnosed with mixed connectives tissue disease and pretty much left to suffer on my own accord. It took switching Rheumy's for me to get the proper diagnosis and hopefully treatment.
    I won't go into my story, as I do have one to tell, I just want to say hi and not be a lurker as I have been for oh so long, hiding in the shadows. I'm hoping to make some connections and friends with people that are unfortunately going through similar things and not feel so alone.
    After having the MCTD for so long I can say I do have some fears about being told that I do actually have Lupus. I'm glad I have found this forum and hope to be a frequent visited...god knows I need it

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine65 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (01-16-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,569 Times in 1,072 Posts

hi sunshine ....
    welcome to your new cyber family.
    it is always good when our "lurkers" come in from the cold.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Sunshine65 (01-11-2014)

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome Steve as it is pretty warm in this new family here. I've been reading through all the post today and found so much information, from apps for my phone to dialog I can't wait to use on my family...Please understand. This is by far the best place to be and believe me I have so many questions, although, I'm making sure I go through the threads because many of them may have already been answered. Plus I try to keep in mind that there is no silly questions as we are all different.
    It will take time for me to get use to asking and interacting as I have suffered alone for so long but again, thank you so much for the acknowledgement...it means a lot.

Sunshine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine65 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (01-11-2014)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Sunshine and welcome to our family. I, too, am glad that you joined us and that you are already finding WHL to be helpful. You are correct, the stickys are filled with great information and may answer some of your questions. Also, the members here are genuine in their care for one another (including you) and our primary goal is to help you in any way that we can.
    So now, you are no longer alone and please come to us at any time and we will be more than happy to do what we can for you. No, there is no such thing as a "silly" question or a "stupid" question here. Everyone's disease is different and personal to them, so you and your questions are valuable to us.
    Once Again....Welcome!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi sunshine!! I'm cecee and I have lupus.I was diagnosed at 13, I'm now 22. I'm in remission but now suffering from the aftermath...its nice to meet you