Thread: smell the roses?

Thanks

Default smell the roses?

My sense of smell has never been great, but a complete lack of ability to experience odor is simply an accepted part of my life. It's been more than 5 years, and a sinus operation. There was an improvement while on plaquenil! A brief, albeit odd, version of the smell of coffee. Delicious. Lemon. Some perfumes. Some flowers. All of them faint, but so much better than nothing. And finally this disease worked in my favor... I simply don't smell the less pleasant smells of life. Such as doggy diarrhea or cat litter. Skunks on highway go completely unnoticed. However, my new found slight ability to smell some things is fading. I wonder if the plaquenil is finally clearing completely from my system.

What are others experiences with their sense of smell?

Hope all are well. Would like to begin a dialogue with people, to feel like more of the community.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There are just some things I cannot smell- vomit and mosquito spray and I'm not complaining! I've noticed that it takes my nose awhile to " wake up" in the morning and my sense of smell doesn't work very well for the first hour or 2 after I wake up. However, I can smell the faintest of cigarette smoke ( I am anti smoking by the way). Figure that one. What it amounts to is what I can smell, I can smell like a bloodhound but what I can't...
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Since I grew up around smokers I can't smell smoke. The more you smell the same thing the more desensitized you get. I can smell BBQ a mile away, I always know one of my neighbors is cooking on grill.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

My sense of smell has been flawed ever since my Lupus diagnosis. There are just some things that I cannot smell. Unfortunately, the horrid odors do register and pleasant odors (perfumes, some flowers, etc.) do not register. I've just learned to kind of live with it..:-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!