Thread: Hand Cripples

Thanks

Default Hand Cripples

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has this happen to them or what it is, the cause of, etc. As you may recall from a previous post, I have SLE and have had for years. I felt great so I eventually weaned myself off all meds and continued to feel great. Well...,not anymore. The last couple of years haven't been great.

Anyway...the thumb and pinky on my left hand were being pulled together by a force I couldn't control or stop! They would come together under my other fingers. There was initially some tingling and numbness. This "force" remained for a couple of hours. I was kind of scared because it has happened a few times before but never for that long. Anyone else experience this? Anyone know what it is; causes, symptoms, treatment, etc???

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get numbness and tingling, and have been diagnosed with carpal tunnel. I wonder if it could be that. I don't get fingers going under other fingers though. You need to talk to your Dr. about your symptoms. Hopefully, he will come up with a diagnosis.

Thanks

This happens to my daughter who is 17. We usually massage starting from her elbow to release the tension and it slowly releases. I need to bring this up to her doctor also.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

I'm having this happen to me too recently and just thought it was a hand cramp, like the ones you get on your toes?