Thread: Almost 70, lupus 60 years

Thanks

Smile Almost 70, lupus 60 years

Hi! I'm looking for other lupus patients who have had it almost all their lives and are now approaching 70 years old. Many of my terrible symptoms are gone, but I'm so tired I can hardly take care of myself. My husband is good but never home. Our diet is terrible, he picks up junk food. Our home is warm and comfortable, I live in our living room. I'm too tired to care about anything, have company, or talk on phone. I only go to chemo and doctor once a month. Is there anyone else like this?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I haven't had it for most of my life, but I have lived with Lupus for over 30yrs now. I understand the fatigue which a dear friend described as "lying under a lead blanket". It can be debilitating and cause drastic changes in your life. Such is the heinous nature of this disease.
    It is quite difficult for us to not get to the point where we just don't care anymore. But, it is important that we do not give up and that we fight to find our "new normal" so that we can enjoy some parts of our lives. We are here to help you to do that and to let you know that you are not alone. There is a wealth of information on this site and it is filled with people who are genuinely caring, supportive, and who want to help. I hope that you will allow us to do that for you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!