HI All,

I just joined the group. The nurse from my rheumatologist called today and said "you have lupus". After the last couple months of weird symptoms, I have now heard this today. After my primary doc did ANA test that came in slightly high at 1:80, specked pattern, she sent me to rheumy. Today I was told the anti-native DNA was 300, with less than 30 being negative. That equals a titer of 1:1236 when 1:10 is normal?? This scares me as I am reading that can mean kidney involvement at some point. I just had a quick kidney test before a contrast dye MRI and was told kidney was normal.

Just wondering if anyone here has had this test come in this high and what it may mean for me. I was told to take Placquenil and come back in 2 months. Doctor didn't even call, just the nurse. Other tests were normal range, including the c3 and c4 and the RNP.

My symptoms that lead me to many doctors over the last few months are neurological... tingling in face, head, nausea, headache. Was thinking it was having central nervous system problems. Now I understand lupus can affect this? Has anyone ever head strange sensations such as these?

Thanks for any advice, Juells.