Thread: Slight Prednisolone cut.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Slight Prednisolone cut.

Hello again guys

I haven't dropped down in Pred for awhile but now I am going from 3mg to 2.5

Is there a major difference between smaller doses like going from 3 to 2.5? Should I expect some feelings of withdrawal from a drop like this? and can anyone else share with me how they went with a cut back on smaller amounts similar to this?

Cheers.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've not been on Prednisone for many years. My major complaint with tapering was the return of some of my symptoms. Many others have found this to be true also. I had to raise my dose a bit and maintain on that dose for quite a while in order to manage my symptoms.
    Your drop in dosage is so small that I'm not sure if you will find this to be true in your case. I hope not. Perhaps someone who has had a more recent tapering will respond to you and give you better information. I wish you the best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

hating_that_pred (12-24-2013)

Thanks

hi I went from 5mg to 2,5mg it affected me a bit with pain but I adjusted just give it a few weeks I have been on 2.5for 10 months now and if it is not working for you see your doctor. I am now trying to taper off them all together. pain is a bit hard but I will give it a few weeks. and hope it settles down that is all you can do. good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kim,l For This Useful Post:

hating_that_pred (12-28-2013)

Thanks

Cheers! your a gem!

Thanks

I reduced from 5mg to 4mg and for two weeks was not too bad and then the pain became so bad that it was increased back to 5mg.

Rheumy is going to try again on the next visit in January and if necessary, increase the Cellcept. I would never have personally thought 1mg would make a difference and was shocked at just how much it did for me.

Thanks

Yeah I agree that even 1 mg can have a pretty big affect on the way you feel.

Thanks

I am no longer on prednisone (weaned off for Plaquinel). I did small steps from 2mg to 1 mg to none. I was probably very fortunate, but I did not feel any difference. It could be that I was not in a flair at the time. Don't know if you are in remission currently or not. Hope all works out well for you.