Thread: Need some help and guidance deal with termination of employment

Thanks

Angry Need some help and guidance deal with termination of employment

Hello all my name is Dianne I am 33 years old. I have been diagnosised with Lupus since Aug 2014. Long story short I have had a ton of medical issues as result. I have exhausted all my PTO and sick time at work and flma ad well :-(... I am out I'll again now in the midst of a major flare which has effected the left side of my body. I know I am headed to be fired I was advised today about receiving a call in the next fourty eight hours. I work very hard and very long hours running a out patient facility for physical and occupational therapy. I love my patient and provide excellent customer service as well as compassion and empathy. I feel when I am Ill I don't do my job properly or to the expectations needed. As well I know !y illness and the way I am effected effects my patients and is not fair to them as well when they are fighting the own demons. So question is what do I do. Where do I turn when I get fired. I need benefits and money to be able to continue getting the care I need. I just am at a lost and don't know where to turn. Any help or guidance would be truly appreciated

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,243 Posts

hi dyanne,
    sorry I cannot help you with your employment issues ...... I am from Australia, and our rules are very different.
    but I did want to say you are not alone.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 712 Posts

Hi there;
    There may be some options depending upon the severity of your disease. You might want to look into disability now to see if you qualify. You may have the option to ask your job for job accommodation. Contact Americans with Disabilities to see what options may be available to you. If you feel that your job may have something to do with your illness, you could file for workmen's compensation.
    I hope that one of these turns out to be helpful to you. Please let us know if you need anything further.
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!