Thread: Avascualr necrosis?

Thanks

Default Avascualr necrosis?

Due to the high amount of steroid use I have unfortunately ended up with avascular necrosis of my left knee. I know it is more common for avascular necrosis to occur in the hip. I doubt it but does anyone else here have avascualr necrosis of the knee?

Thanks

Hello hating that cat, unfortunately I have it on both knees. When where you diagnosed, and what have you been told? Do you know what stage you're in, and what are they're going to do about it?
    I'm so sorry this is horrible, Dr.s fix one thing and mess up another. Hope they have a solution for you, please find a Dr who has dealt with it before if you haven't already done so. I advise you to try to read up on it as much as you can. {{{hugs}}}
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chikititalinda For This Useful Post:

hating_that_pred (12-17-2013), Saysusie (12-18-2013)

Thanks

I'm sorry that you have it in both knees =[ I was diagnosed about 2 months ago but it would of been there longer than that I rekon. I'm in a pretty early stage and iv'e already had surgery. They drilled through the femur in my left knee in an attempt to get blood flowing back into the bone. It will still be a few months until I know the full results because bone healing is a slow process. Before I was diagnosed I knew something was really wrong with my knee because I had severe pain when I was playing football..felt as if my bone was snapping when I turned sharply. How is yours going? and what did you do about yours??

Thanks

Hi Hating_that_pred, hopefully your are healing very well from your surgery. Unfortunately there's not anything they can do for mine because I have blood clotting decease so the damn doctors have to wait for the knees to collapse in order to do emergency surgery. I've been to top three surgery centers here in PA and they all say the same thing, it's too risky for me. I'm scared to death but I try not to think of it meanwhile I just take painkillers for the pain and take it one hour at a time the most I can do.
    Be well my friend, Lupus and all its "friends" SUCK!!!!
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

I'm so sorry for your situation, that really is unfortunate =[

Not a ton I can say other than best of luck and hopefully things get surprisingly better! I won't know my results for some time yet just keeping the fingers crossed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hating_that_pred For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (01-06-2014)

Thanks

Thanks,, Hopefully they where able to bring blood flow back and stop the necrosis so you can begin healing.