Thread: Depersonalization (anxiety)?

Thanks

Default Depersonalization (anxiety)?

Hey guys how are we!?

We all know Lupus can cause depression especially when things are in a down patch. Even though my physical health is in control I still suffer from anxiety and unfortunately that has left me with depersonalization which is an anxiety disorder in which you feel as if you are living in an uncomfortable dreamlike bubble where you are trapped. After 3 years of hospital beds, large amounts of steroids, feeling incredibly unwell and basically having a ruined life my brain switched off clarity and clear consciousness. I over worry everything and I am aware of it...it's not nice at all....rapid heartbeat, heavy breathing, feeling like fainting, extreme worry...i'm sure there are others who have experienced anxiety and understand what i'm going through.

Has anyone who has experienced anxiety problems beaten it?

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What I do is to stop, find a quiet place and close my eyes , I'm alone and I shut out the world until I've calmed down. This doesn't always work, but it seems a start. I tend to space during these times and let my mind just go where it wants. Music like movie sound tracks relaxes you,when I was you age I listened the Henry Mancini albums.

If you can't do this cause you're in the middle and can't get out, maybe you can just say, hey can we rethink this, it doesn't feel right.

I hope my experiences can help, but as we always say, everyone is different, every experience is different.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

hating_that_pred (12-14-2013), Saysusie (12-14-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree, everyone is different and we all handle stress differently. I know that this type of anxiety and feeling of un-reality is very difficult to control and/or manage. Sometimes, it is helpful to talk to a professional of some type who can help you understand, recognize and hopefully manage your feelings/emotions.
    I am a strong advocate of seeking treatment for the physical damage that this disease does as well as the emotional damage that it does. One cannot heal without the other.
    I do hope that you find some way to help you with this issue. I know that it must be very difficult. Warm hugs.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

hating_that_pred (12-14-2013), papillon (01-30-2014)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

i also suffer from this......
    most of the time i can fight against it ....
    but occasionally it wins.
    i describe it as if i am in a helicopter overlooking my own life.
    it is as if i am a third person watching myself, unable to gain control.

for me, two things help ...
    1. depression medication. i need it to help my brain balance things properly.
    i use two different medications, at a much lower strength. this reduces the side effects.
    2. escapism. taking time out to be me or to do nothing.
    i cannot handle confrontation or pressure, so i need time to escape to reset.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

I often feel anxious....I would describe it as acute, but constant panic. i am a huge over thinker and pretty much cant sleep, because I cannot shut off

Thanks

Spot on...it's horrible aye. I feel as if i've lost contact with myself and it's so tough that people close to me don't understand this.