Thread: Link regarding work and disability

Thanks

Default Link regarding work and disability

Wanted to share something I ran across:

http://disabilitylawcentral.com/inde...icles_12.shtml

Here's a thought provoking quote on people who are working but health is beginning to take a toll:

"Take action before things get bad. If your sick days are already irritating your employer, or if you've already had a bad performance review, you've waited too long. Any changes you might want to discuss with your employer will go over much better if they still want you around! It is helpful to be able to emphasize how important your special skills are to a company when you ask your employer for job place modifications."

Also disability laws are helpful, but the key is to establish your disability formally, with a written list from your doctor of specific accommodations you would like. Doesn't mean you'll get them all, but it opens the door to negotiating with your employer. Don't wait till after you're fired! (Learn from my mistake. )

Also I recommend for others in Calif. the Nolo book on workers compensation.

Anyone else have a good link or book on this subject to recommend?
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

That was great information. I, too, learned my lesson the hard way. However, I did provide my employers with a list of possible accommodations (given to me by the ADA) and a description of my disease, its symptoms, treatments etc. They STILL tried to fire me!!

Please make sure that you add this link to the "Web-Site links" forum on this site!

Again, thank You
    Saysusie