Thread: What I learned today

Thanks

Default What I learned today

Today I went off with some friends we went to eat out and go to a museum. After getting to the restaurant I began to feel weak, we ate and proceeded with our plans. When we arrived at the museum I knew that I would not be able to walk around. I didn't want everyone to have to care for me so I had the choice of walking in extreme pain and not telling them and like any well breed southern lady just smile or I could tell them that I would need a wheel chair. I DID IT !!!!!!! I told them and had a little cry, that was the first time I have ever needed one. We had the best time. I think that was the first adult thing I have done for myself in a long time. Of course I would speak up in an instant for my husband or one of my children. But I put myself on the back burner alot of the times. I had a great time. I would encourage anyone that feels the same way I did go ahead you will feel better about yourself for doing so.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good for you :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I am happy to hear that you "Stood Up" for yourself! As I have always said, "You might be surprised how understanding, accommodating and non-judgemental your friends are when they know the truth!"

I am most happy that you were able to have a good time. Sometimes it is imperative that we put ourselves first :lol:

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Wow! Good for you! I bet you had a really enjoyable time and what a brave soul you are! I sometimes resort to walking around the house with an old cane, but am to "scared" to go out in public with it. You go girl! Sunshine 101

Thanks

Definate kudos here. We don't drive and consequently walk to bus stops and so on. That means sun exposure. Even before I was diagnosed with SLE, I would get "sun sick" as my mom called it. 40 odd years later, in the midst of a very hot summer I have finally put my foot down and now take my black umbrella with me. I get the oddest looks from drivers going by as I walk under my umbrella and someone on the bus never can restrain themselves from a smart alecky remark or two.

The umbrella isn't perfect, but it's made those days when I can't avoid the sun a whole lot more unbearable.

I wish I hadn't been so subconscious or vain when I was younger.