Thread: Lupus fatigue is mostly psychological

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Lupus fatigue is mostly psychological

.... Is what my family doctor said to me 2 days ago. I am still recovering from that statement and needless to say, I am looking for a new doctor who is not in the ignorant age of medicine!!!

I've been in a stressed out horrible mood since... Including just wanting to go to bed forever!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by heather123 View Post
    .... I am still recovering from that statement and needless to say, I am looking for a new doctor who is not in the ignorant age of medicine!!!.......
    i too would not want a person with this attitude to look after my health.
    dont get upset over him ...... just dont give him any money, ever !!
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

heather123 (12-04-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am glad that you are looking for a new doctor because this one is, without a doubt, an ignorant jerk. Perhaps consider reporting him (and his ignorance) to the administrator so that he can be prevented from making any further backwards statements to Lupus patients.
    Best luck in finding an intelligent and informed doctor.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

heather123 (12-06-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh yea my last Rhuemy said this to me all the time. I kept telling her i'm not tired because i'm depressed; i'm depressed because i'm tired all the time! I wish these doctors could be in my shoes for a month then they will understand!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

heather123 (12-06-2013)

Thanks

I'm so there with you about uninformed doctors. My primary told me I just need to lose weight before my diagnosis. I wanted to scream back at him, " Yea because all fat people have these problems!" I started bringing a scary looking friend (who's really as nice as a teddy bear) and I haven't gotten anymore inappropriate comments.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbyrition For This Useful Post:

heather123 (12-06-2013), papillon (01-30-2014)

Thanks

Thank you so much for all your support (smiley face).

This was such a hit to me but in hindsight it all made sense. I have seen him for 15 years and as I look back, not once did he agree with me that any of my ailments were from the lupus. It makes me so mad. He also made me feel like I am crazy... Which is hard to not think when you know the disease has hit your brain. It seems like everyone pegs you as being crazy when they know that. Well, yes, I know sometimes I am crazy and my moods are bizarre but then I look at people who have no health problems who are really crazy but don't seek treatment for it!!!!! Puts me in a real tailspin.... Males me wonder why I even bother to seek to improve myself through counselling and seeing psychologists when "normal" "crazy" people just don't care and keep on "being crazy".... Did that make sense???????!!!!!! ...what a head case I am!!! HHS, at least I can admit it is what I figure!

...can anyone relate?

Hugs,
    Heather