Thread: Diagnosed two years ago with connective tissue disorder/mild lupus

Thanks

Default Diagnosed two years ago with connective tissue disorder/mild lupus

It has been a while since I posted anything on here but i look at it often. I have a question...I am 40 years old 5'4" weighing 133. I have been diagnosed with a connective tissue disorder/mild lupus. I have raynauds and major leg pain. I went to rheumy for my 6 month visit and had a little burning that morning when urinating so rheumy did a urine sample and dipstick showed ph-5, glucose-0,ketones-neg,leukocytes-trace,nitrate-neg,protein 30+, blood-moderate. The microscopic was EPI-too numberous to count, mucus 3+/lpf, white cells 5-10/hpf, red cells 2-5/hpf, bacteria urine 1+/hpf. culture was growth indicative of contamination with peri-urethral flora. macroscopic showed spec gravity 1.030 H, leuko esterase trace, Blood + A. The rest was negative and normal. The dipstick showed protein 30+ but macroscopic showed protein negative. Does any of this say anything? I never took any antibiotic and never had any more burning or urine problems since that morning. I am worried there is something wrong with my kidneys. My blood tests came back normal. My rheumy nurse just said to let her know if I have any more problems.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As we are not doctors or lab technicians, we cannot give you a definitive answer on the meaning of your results. But, it sounds as if you results show that there are microscopic abnormalities, but not enough to say weather or not there is a serious issue to be concerned about. Our bodies have these abnormalities even when we are completely healthy and often our bodies correct them. So, unfortunately, those in the medical field cannot do much or tell you much until there is an issue.
    I do hope that these results are not indications of some type of issue. But do keep a close eye on your symptoms and inform your doctors if anything occurs.
    I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!