Thread: New person here!

Thanks

Smile New person here!

Hi ! I am Christina! I am actually going for my blood work tomorrow. My dr suspects lupus. I have all and much more of these symptoms; fatigue, headaches that even make my hair hurt (weird huh?), possible seizures (looking into that as well), confusion, memory loss, pain pain and more pain all over, had pluresy three times this year, puenmonia twice this year, and so on...horrible muscle spasms (as in jolts of electricity), tons of UTI's, limbs and feet going numb, rash on face in heat and stress.

Hoping to get some answers soon. Also, does anyone know how long the tests results take? I am taking ( i believe) a ANA ?

Glad to be here! Just type in lupus support and found this lovely board!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our family;
    The amount of time that it takes to get your test results depend entirely upon the lab and the policy of the medical facility. I am a Kaiser member and we get our results online sometimes the very same day. But, that is Kaiser's policy. Some members have to wait weeks for their results. So, it depends upon the facility.
    The ANA is one of the standard tests run to determine if a person might have Lupus. The results of the ANA alone CANNOT diagnose lupus - nor can it stand alone to determine if you do not have lupus. Please read our sticky about diagnosing Lupus and the one about the 11-14 criteria needed to diagnose Lupus. Hopefully this will give you a better understanding of the tests, why they are run and what they are looking for.
    I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!