Thread: hello my lupie friends, I have a question for you......

Thanks

Unhappy hello my lupie friends, I have a question for you......

Can anyone give personal advice on having pericardial effusion? I finally came and got admitted to hospital Thursday night because my bp was 181/101 and I just couldn't breathe, I thought I had some inflammation around my lungs and that's why I didn't go in sooner, instead I tried to treat it at home with prednisone and pain meds, but it didn't work. So I am getting my fluid around heart drained Monday afternoon, they say it's at least 550ml. And then I should feel better. In the meantime I am getting high doses of steroids and LOTS of pain meds. Any thoughts/ personal information about what to expect would be great!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

sorry i cant remember more .....
    there was discussion on here just over a year ago ....
    there was a couple of people who had to have this drain.
    they were discussing some of the information, that doctors do not tell you.

sorry i cannot remember more ......

cyber hugs
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

I'm still in the hospital and it is scheduled to be done tomorrow afternoon. Up until today the cardiologist seemed certain it needed to be done and he made me feel confident. Today he almost seemed to want to back out, he actually told me he did one recently that didn't go well. ?????? I just thought it might be more of a common thing here.