Thread: Has anyone used quinacrine?

Thanks

Default Has anyone used quinacrine?

I have been on 400 mg of plaquenil for 9 months. It has helped some but I have pretty low stamina and feel flu-ish and unwell everyday. All my labs are stable.

My rheumy said I could add 50 mg/day of quinacrine and it may help. I did read one older thread on here about someone taking but wondered if anyone else has tried it.

I hate to try a new med but I hate my symptoms as well.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have never used it and I hope that someone who has responds to your question. I think that we all hate taking new medications and we rue the number of meds that we have to take (personally, I am up to 16 pills/day). However, as you stated, dealing with the symptoms is so much worse so we do what we must and need to do and that is: take our meds (lol). Best of luck to you.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you Saysusie. My rheumy is really conservative and has not prescribed anything beyond plaquenil since I started seeing him 1.5 years ago. I have patiently waited to feel better and havent wanted to start any more drugs. All my labs are fine. My quality of life is horrible though and I am ready to take more steps to change it. I really hope quinacrine works for me.