Thread: Hi from Pennsylvania

Thanks

Default Hi from Pennsylvania

I was diagnosed with SLE in 1989. I was chugging along pretty good but lately am feeling lousy most of the time. Very frustrating. I feel guilty for "wasting" time laying around and try to compensate by doing crafts and reading. How do others handle those feelings?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our family. I am originally from Pittsburgh, but have been a Californian for over 30yrs now!
    The exhaustive fatigue plagues many of us and it is hard for us to learn that this debilitating fatigue does not mean that we are lazy. Therefore, we should not feel guilty about it as doing so usually prompts us to try to do more than our bodies can bear and then we cause a flare-up. So, if your fatigue causes you to lie down and rest quite often...do just that. Please do not beat yourself up because you are suffering from a common symptom of this disease.
    Throughout this site, you will find lots of posts from members talking about how they handle the fatigue and things that they do to avoid and/or try to alleviate it. However, only the disease itself will dictate when the fatigue appears or when it will go away. The best that we can do is to manage ourselves whilst in the midst of it.
    I am glad that you are involved with crafts. I hope that doing so also brings you some joy and a bit of peace of mind. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi! What part of PA are you from? I'm from Pittsburgh
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!