Thread: Greetings!

Thanks

Cool Greetings!

A big hello and hi to everyone from Melbourne, Australia!

I only got my diagnosis yesterday of lupus after years of pain and illness. Its great to have finally found a doctor who would listen to my concerns and properly examine me and do some proper testing... and even then, she was surprised at my primary and secondary blood test results.

I suffer with terrible joints, fatigue and muscle weakness, some days I can't get out of bed without feeling like passing out. I'm only 29 so generally healthy otherwise, so I knew that it was not something that should be happening to me as yet. I also get terrible dry skin rashes all over my hands, arms and eyelids which make it quite embarrassing being around people. I work in retail part-time and presentation is very important, so I usually try to hide it with makeup (eye-area), but that usually makes it worse unfortunately. Luckily, I haven't experienced any kidney or internal organ issues as yet (that I am aware of), but I know this is something I should be aware of.

I joined this forum to ask questions and learn in my journey to find a way of dealing with the disease! xx

Thanks

welcome to the site my name is kim I am a long term member from hervey bay qld used to live in Sydney moved here 11 months ago. I was diagnosed 5 years ago with lupus it took a long time to find out what was wrong with me. which is the case for most of us here a lot never get a proper diagnoses because there is not specific test for lupus. so we have all had trouble with doctors believing there is anything wrong with us. I also suffer from rashes dizziness, my kidney is affected and my joints severly. I am on prednisone , plaquenil, and mexotrexate, for my lupus as is a lot of people here. we all suffer from various forms of autoimmune disease. fatigue is a major problem for a lot of us we have learned to pace our selves. stress is also a major trigger. you will find we are a very friendly group here from all over the world. we have people from Sydney . Melbourne, western Australia, queensland, welcome to your new lupus family we are here to help as much as you need . we chat about everything here good and bad. hope to get to know you. kim,l