Thread: Lupus a greater risk for young, black women with more life-threatening complications

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Lupus a greater risk for young, black women with more life-threatening complications

Young, black women have the highest rate of developing lupus and are most likely to be diagnosed at a younger age than whites and during childbearing years, according to a new University of Michigan study of lupus in Southeastern Michigan...

More...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i had recently read about this study elsewhere.

it is great to hear that more research is being done to further an old promising study......
    The study was based on a diverse population of roughly 2.4 million residents.....A $3 million grant ... will allow Somers and her colleagues to continue researching risk factors ......

When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

I remember when benlysta was first deemed successful (about 3 years ago) I saw Oprah Winfrey talking about how young African American women were more likely to have lupus and less likely to be helped by benlysta.