Thread: New and wondering...

Thanks

Unhappy New and wondering...

Looking for insight from any of you...

I recently developed edema in selective areas of my hands, joint pain in several fingers, unable to use my hands at times. I have very mild reynauds as well. Extreme fatigue, even with lots of sleep, no rashes, mild intermittent chest pain for months, currently have swollen lymph nodes, Intermittant sensitivity to light and noise, extreme reactions to medication, extreme reactions to insect bites since childhood (feels like the flu and I have to sleep for like 14 hrs), dry eyes/mouth, brain fog (so much so, I misspelled my username when I registered and now I'm stuck with it, doh!), joint over elasticity since childhood regular migraines (worse with stress) since childhood and muscle weakness. I had neck surgery in april and everything has gotten worse and more reactive since then. There is a family history of autoimmune disease but not lupus. I've previously had sinus tachycardia and had an extreme reaction to cytomegalovirus where I couldn't move I was so exhausted and had such extreme meningitis type headaches that a spinal tap was done (neg). Recent blood work was negative for lupus markers but sed rate was not done. Also neg for arthritis and RA.

I'm 37. History of one miscarriage, three successful pregancies (symptoms not present during pregnancies) Any insights? Suggestions? Doc thinks I might have lupus even without Ana positive ...I just want answers so I can effectively treat it. Help?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family. Do t worry about the finger issues. Iam sure you will see plenty from me I this post!

None of us here are doctored so we can't diagnose you However I would go with your doctor. While others disagree with me I personally believe the incidence of ANA Negative Lupus is much higher than the studies show because those studies are only of people diagnosed with Lupis and many people have a hard time getting a diagnosis. It can often take months or years for everything to fall in like enough for a doc to be willing to actually call it.

I think you are on the right track. Keep talking to your Rhummey and start treatment as soon as possible. It will help things not progress
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (10-27-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I agree with Tgal - ANA Negative Lupus is occurring more and more often, so doctors should not dismiss the diagnosis based solely upon a negative ANA.
    While all of your issues do sound like they could be the symptoms of an auto-immune disorder, we cannot say which (if any) issue you are presenting with. Since your doctor thinks that it could be Lupus, I hope that he/she has decided to provide treatment for your symptoms so that you can get some form of relief.
    I wish you the very best and please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (10-28-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

BTW - I deleted your other post as is was a duplicate of this one!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Thank you Mari and Saysusie for the support. Every day is a different challenge it seems. Yesterday was ok...I was able to pick up my bedroom. Today I had horrible gastro stuff including nausea, slept until 130, and hardly have the energy to move off the sofa, never mind work. I am thankful that I work for myself (haha since I haven't been able to work much) but am also applying for jobs because I'm not bringing enough in since I can't work full time. The dichotomy is maddening. So my health is impacting my income ...and I'm trying to get a job with a steady paycheck but I'm scared I won't be able to hack it because of how I feel, but if I don't try, I won't be able to cover my bills. I'm running in circles! Grrr...