Thread: Question about the forum.

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Question about the forum.

After perusing around the forum, I have noticed the ban on discussion of natural remedies as well as the talk of diets. Why is this?
    I mean, I thought this forum was to discuss what works for us individually in hopes to help others with similar symptoms. I notice the talk of prescription medications is ok, but why are we limiting ourselves to just that?
    I understand there may be no scientific research in one's individual remedies, but isn't group discussion a type of research in its own way?
    I would just like some clarification on this rule as it seems silly to me we can't share things that may help someone else.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Hi Bunny! Thank you for asking about the clarification. I am going to post a link that will clarify. Let me also say that there are plenty of places out there where unproven methods can be discussed and some od our members even use them, however we will never be responsible for someone taking an unproven method over that which is known to work by science and then cause harm to themselves. That is what can happen when that info is shared on boards likes these. That is why holistic/diet discussions are not ollowed here. They are really the only two topics off limits.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...anned-From-WHL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~