Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rock and a hard place... Help

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

thinking of you abby.

i hope whatever it is, it is fixable.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Abbyrition (10-29-2013)

Thanks

I get the same thing Mari, bursitis. Hurts like $#!!, ANYWAY what my Dr. recommended was stretching. This hurts too, I'm not going to say it doesn't. She has me sit on a chair and cross my knee of the side that hurts, grab my knee with my arm and pull it as close to my body as I possibly can. Do this a few times daily or as many as you can. Hope this helps.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chikititalinda For This Useful Post:

Abbyrition (10-29-2013)

Thanks

Thank you all for the concern. It turns out my busy weekend was a blessing because pushing myself through the pain to keep moving cleared up the pain in both hips in 1 day versus the 4 days I'm used to. So the stretching sounds like it's the right advice. What's ironic is I try to pay close attention to my body, and not push it. If there's pain or resistance, I stop. (Well try to stop myself, I haven't mastered this yet.) So to push through and have it help and not cause worse symptoms was quite a surprise from the norm.
    Saturday during my shoot I started out a bit stiff, but not really pain. Sunday my hips were back to normal. However, because I was walking more at my knees on Friday to save my hips from moving, and then working on my knees on Saturday during my photoshoot, they are in not so pretty shape. Nothing a bit of rest won't clear up, and I have plenty of editing to do to keep me off my knees for a while.

I have another nerve conduction test tomorrow at my Rhuemy's office as he dismissed the nerve conduction performed from my neurologist a couple of months ago. So the insurance won't pay for an office visit with the doctor on the same day as the nerve conduction - as stated by the office staff. Since I'm not having anymore hip pain, I will just address it with the Rhuemy at my next appointment in a month. However, he did e-mail me today and ask how my hips were. I was quite impressed by my Rhuemy's follow-up!

Thank you all again for your help, guidance, advice, and caring! I'm constantly learning from all of your experiences! Thank you!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abbyrition For This Useful Post:

steve.b (10-29-2013), tgal (10-29-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh joy to the nerve conduction study! I have another one of those on the 7th. Please let us know how yours go.

i am so glad you are feeling better!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Turns out the nerve conduction was a Sensory nerve conduction test. Not at all like the last evilness I went through last with the nerve conduction. No needles, no giant tazer-like thing. It was more like a tens unit that was sending electric current from one body part to another, and I told the tech when I felt it, and he stopped it. Not nearly as painful as before. However the current going in one hand and out the other one caused my elbows to be painful, as well as my knees when he did my feet. There were only a couple of times the current got so strong it jolted me a bit before I felt it. Another weird thing during the test was my left eye started twitching. (Usually when stress gets unbelievably high I can develop an eyelid twitch.) so I don't know if it started because of the current itself or becausevthe current was causing my body stress. Either way the eyelid twitch went away once the test stopped, and the elbow pain also lessoned after the test was done, though more sensitive all day.
    I won't find out the results until close to Thanksgiving, but I'm not to worried about the results, as I just don't expect the results to help lead to any treatment that provides substancial relief. But then that's just my experience talking, as almost all of any test run comes back in the normal range... So I don't put too much stock in their tests.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh I had one of those early on! Glad it wasn't too bad. Funny but I have that eyelid twitch too! It is not just during stress and it will be the bottom of my as well. Those are not painful but irritating as all get out!

When is your Dr. Appointment for your results? I have had a myriad of tests lately and more coming but I won't see the neuro until the 27 of Nov either
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Mine is close to Thanksgiving as well. Good luck on your test results, Mari!