Maybe it's unrelated to my diagnosis of lupus but for the past year or two, I have begun plucking my own eyebrow hairs and sometimes my eyelashes. They do not fall out much on their own, as many of you experience, but I get this compulsion to pull them out. It's as if they feel sore, so I pull them out to better it. Though, they probably feel sore as a result of them being plucked in the first place- I don't know.

What I do know is that it is making me feel very self conscious, especially because I potentially can control it with more discipline. It's just awful because I don't realize I'm doing it half the time. I have been coloring in my eyebrows everyday and hate to be seen without the cover up, and it's still noticeable up close.

I was just wondering if anyone else had these episodes or condition. I believe the mental condition is called trichotillomania. I know my lupus largely affects my central nervous system, do you think it could be related? I don't take any prescription medications apart from medical marijuana (which does seem to keep the compulsions at bay). I just am starting to feel so unappealing and it makes me depressed.

Thank you for your time!