Thread: Frustrated and confused

Hybrid View

Thanks

Unhappy Frustrated and confused

Hi everyone. My name is Michelle and I'm 35 years old. I fist started having pain in my hips and shoulders when I was 21 and pregnant for the first time. I am not able to sit in the floor or bend over for very long without excruciating pain. The waves of pain have come and gone for 14 years now. I never went to the doctor until about 3 years ago. When I told her what was going on then she ran some blood work and all was negative so I dropped it. This year the pain has become more intense. Now have been in a flare up for 4 weeks. Now the pain is in my hips shoulders wrists and ankles. X-ray showed arthritis in my hips. Nothing in shoulder where pain has been the worst. Having MRI Monday for the shoulder. Will it show anything. Also positive ANA test this time. All other blood work negative. Doctor doesn't seem to think that it is lupus because she says I don't have enough criteria. I'm about to go crazy. I have not been normal since I was 21. I don't know what else to say to her to make her understand. Help!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL!

I am so sorry you are going through all of this but the most important thig I can tell you don't give up! You know your body and whether it is Lilus or something else you know when something is wrong. Don't get stuck on a diagnosis but don't let then dismiss you! Keep fighting until you find out what is going on. Remember, you hired the Dr you can dire them if needed.

While you search we will be here for you. Good luck!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you. I was started on dicyclofenac. So far it has not helped. Just hoping the MRI shows something so that she will look further.