Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You know if you have Lupus if ????

Thanks

Default You know if you have Lupus if ????

I have to tell you sometimes I have to laugh my memory is so short.I made a list of things that I had to laugh about:

You know if you have Lupus {at least it's me} if you go to the kitchen to get something and half way there you wonder what was I going to get?
    I wore my shirt inside out all day one time.I went to my son's school, talked to the teacher,and the school nurse.They didn't say a thing. I then proceed to go to walmart and the pharmacy down the street.After an afternoon of running around I went to Subway to get a sandwich. Sitting there I looked down and saw my shirt was inside out. I called my friend right there and I told her about having my shirt inside out and that I had been doing alot of running around and that I just noticed it. Did I get up and change it NO I wore it that way the rest of the day. I thought it would just add a little humor to my day .
    I was just thinking without Lupus my life would not be so interesting.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

I love your post! To add mine...

I knew I had lupus when I did a load of laundry and put it in the washer, then instead of turning on the washer I turned on the dryer! I discovered this an hour later when I went to put the load int he dryer and found the clothes dry and unwashed.

Here's one I did just last night... Fixed a nice dinner of oven sauteed salmon and veggies, and French bread warmed in the oven. Except I completely blanked on the bread, and when I got up this morning, the oven was still on, bread in it. It's okay because I didn't need the carbs anyway.

Fun fun fun... :lol:
    i love the smell of doughnuts in the morning. it's the smell of... victory!

Thanks

That is so funny, you see life is so funny sometimes. Here's one that you'll like. I was at a party and there were a lot of people there. I was introducing so of my friends and family to each other. I introduced my Uncle to my Aunt {his sister in law} he told me I know her it's your Aunt!!! LOL LOL. I could not have been more embarrassed.
    I have so many stories like that. My husband calls me Lucy and my sister is my Ethel.

Thanks

Here's mine...

You know you have lupus if your six year old is able to make a 3 course meal from scratch because you can't get off the couch.(sad but true...hmm..maybe she'll be the next Emeril??)

Today this happened...
    I was making shaved ice for the kids, and I forgot to put a bowl underneath...ooops...at least we had a good laugh!(thankfully it was ice and not koolaid, that would have made me cry )

Junebug

Thanks

Wow, your daughter is incredible. My family has eaten sandwiches for a week once because I didn't feel well. My husband is kitchen challenged you know you have to be P.C. these days.
    I have to tell you my son even knows that I can't go outside in the son.

You know that you have Lupus when your 7year old checks the weather report to see if its to sunny to go out.
    When you can relate to your 80 year old Grandmother about your joints hurting, hair falling out, and being able to compare your canes.
    Wishing you had some of that rheumatism medicine Granny had on the Beverly Hillbillies and knowing what it is used for!!!!!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

All of those are hilarious :lol:
    Here's mine...
    You know you have lupus if...
    you get up, get showered, get dressed, get your car keys, go out to your car, start it up and then CANNOT remember where in the *&!!! you were going!
    You sit and sit..you think and think....NOTHING!!

Being able to walk to the mailbox and collect your mail is an event to be celebrated and so you do...by sitting down for the next three hours!!

Your collection of hats and sunglasses shames Imelda Marco's collection of shoes- You have 4-5 hats and 3-4 pairs of sunglasses in each car. 2 pairs of sunglasses in your purse with a roll up hat, A pair of sunglasses and a hat at each of your relative's houses and you are the consumate purchaser of "3 pairs of sunglasses for $10.00" everywhere you go!

SPF 45 and above sunscreen is your daily moisturizing routine!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

That's good!!!!!!! I have another.
    You know that you have lupus if.....
    You call someone tell them something and it takes at least 2 more phone calls to remember everything you you going to say.
    You know if you have lupus when....
    What was I going to say? Oh, when the pharmacist knows you by your first name.
    You know you have lupus if....
    You buy sunscreen all year long.

Thanks

You know you have Lupus, when you go to the store for milk... JUST MILK... And you KNOW you need milk until you walk through the door of the supermarket and you spend the next 20 minutes wandering around because you don't know why you are there...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Well, my sypmtoms are a little different - numbness, and reduced feeling below the waist, so here are my "you know whens:"

You know you have lupus when your shoe falls off and you don't notice for 3-4 steps...

.... or when you fall off the chair because your butt can't tell if it's on or off the seat...

... or when you have to ask your boyfriend "is that your leg" when you are in bed.... ops:

Thanks

All of these posts are my life, very funny! I have always thought that I was the only one. At least thats how I feel when I tell people the crazy things I do, they look at me like whats wrong with you.

I know I have lupus when I say things backwards. Like I'll tell my husband I turned the oven off to start dinner, he just laughs and checks the oven then says with a silly grin "I love you".

I know I have lupus when my granddaughter (4 yrs) reminds me that kids eat lunch and they haven't gotten any yet. Then she says "oh grandma your so funny all the time".

THANK YOU ALL FOR THIS WEB SITE, WITH OUT YOU I FELT SO LOST AND ALONE.