Thread: A new weird thing to add to the list.

Thanks

Default A new weird thing to add to the list.

Last night, a vein in my finger burst ( happens alot, on almost all my fingers at one time or another), it was the middle didget from my right middle finger, it hurt alot, like always and turned into a bruise, on the inside of the finger. It usually hurts like heck for about 30 minutes and then the pain subsides and a little bruise stay's for a couple of hours and then it goes away.
    When I got up this morning the whole finger hurt, it was so swollen, I couldn't bend it. After I turned on the light, the whole finger was swollen and the whole finger was blue. Mind you, I did not do anything that would suggest an injury.
    After driving to work, I have noticed, that the first didget of that finger was numb, when I went into work, I looked and the first didget was white inside and out, plus the nail was half way blue. It looked so bad it scared me and I almost wanted to go to the ER. All this lasted for several hours. No injury, didn't bend it, bump it or anything like that.
    Now the finger is still a little swollen, but the bruise is totally gone and so is the white color of the first didget.
    I was thinking of raynauds, but only in one finger?
    Ok friends, did anyone ever have anything close to this?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Sorry Debbie, not the finger.....however, a couple of years ago I randomly got a swollen eye. Just one eye. The swelling got worse every day. I tried Benadryl as someone thought maybe it is allergies (which in hindsight makes no sense being only one eye). Well, I finally went to the doctor (a week and a half later, at which point I couldn't even open my eye) and I went on prednisone. That helped it, but put me in the prednisone psychosis!!!! Needless to say, the whole weird bout ended up putting me off work for almost 2 months.

I figure there can be no other explanation than this weirdo disease. It's just so hard to deal with all these weird hiccups when u have to work full time...I am currently struggling with whether I will ever return to work.... Either full, part, or even at all!!!!

Anyways... Finger, eyeball, ....so strange!

Thanks

Thanks Heather,

I know, right? ( OMG I am starting to talk like my young co-workers).
    My finger thing lasted for a few days, even though the finger was never cold, the tip turned white several times a day, not just the pad, but the other side, where the nail is. One time, when I was hand washing a pot, in warm water.
    It is just weird and somewhat worrysome. I had to stop MTX, three weeks ago and all my symptoms are coming back, plus alot more pain.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Debbie,

Your finger most likely turned white because of the lack of blood flow from the swelling. If this happens again I really think a trip to the doc/Er is in order. I know we get complacent because of we have so many issues but be careful of new things that crop up like that. Get them looked at if it happens again, please
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

....so, right now, just one toe joint feels like it was whacked with a hammer... The only thing I can do is laugh because its way too bizarre. I don't even share with anyone because I can't even keep up with the bizarreness!!!

This should go hand in hand with the brain fog stupids list... A list of all the weirdo symptoms!!!

But thank you, mari, for the reminder that some things do need to get checked out by a doctor... I tend to minimize symptoms often... Even tho sometimes I'm crying in pain!!!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

We all do it, Heather. We all also need to be reminded. (insert smile face here because they are not worki g)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Heather,

Re: the swollen eye...one of my sons has this happen from time to time. His cheek or lips (on 1 side only) swell also. Not all 3 areas at one time. It seems to be an allergic reaction to chemicals at his workplace. That's the best we & his doc can come up with. He also takes allergy medicine but mostly just waits it out and it does go away. Maybe this helps you.

Sue