Thread: Updates and I need some advice

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Updates and I need some advice

To start off I finally switched rhuemys, I can already tell after 2 appointments that I like this new one. My other was horrible because all she focused on was the labs and if the labs were good and I still felt sick she told me I was just depressed. She took me off all my blood pressure medication randomly and when I called because my blood pressure was high again she got mad because I called and told me I was just stressed and thats why my blood pressure was so high. I always new I had fibromyalgia with my lupus and so did my other rhuemy but she never put it down in the files as diagnosed. First thing my new doctor did was diagnose me with fibro and actually believed that I was sick. I had to wait for the lab results and of course my lupus is pretty quiet but the best thing is he still believed me when I said I didn't feel good. He didn't automatically say I was depressed and is actually treating me. He gave my lyrica, anyone on this? This is the first time in 3 years that I felt some kind of hope of feeling better.

Here is my family drama...My twin sister had so much hate towards me when I got sick, My mom never made her do anything to help me or anything so she wasn't forced to be part of my illness. She maybe saw like 10% of what was really going on because we were so young and it wasn't fair for her to make her be involved. This past 2 or 3 months she has made an effort to be nice to me, I really thought she finally saw I was actually sick and couldn't help it, I thought we had a break through. On Sunday she took me grocery shopping and I didn't ask, beg or bribe her like I would usually have to do. All I did was text and to say no to hanging out with her because I need to get groceries and she said oh I will take you. I swear I didn't think she would, she was really patient and nice about it all unlike usually. She even helped me put up the groceries on her own free will! The next day she texted me telling me she has been in contact with our dad for months and he is flying her down this weekend. My dad is a conniving conman, he's manipulative and cruel. We have a very complicated relationship with him and haven't spoken to him in 4 years. I'm not mad at her wanted to see him because he's our dad, it was the what I call the wine and dine way. She buttered me up for months so I wouldn't mad, I wouldn't have been mad but i'm a bit disappointed that she did what our dad would do and I don't think she realized it except his way was WAY worse. I'm upset she was only nice to me because she wanted something from me, I really thought we had finally had a break through. I'm upset that she has treated our mom even worse this past couple of months and that she is burning every relationship here she has because of my dad. I'm worried about her emotionally because even as much as we would like to have a relationship with our dad I have this bad feeling that he is going to do what he always does.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family, l am sorry to hear that your relationships with your father and your sister are complicated and makes you unhappy. I'm not sure that I understand what it was that your sister wanted from you by being kind.
    I am glad that you have a doctor who believes you and who is willing to treat you. Many times, that is our biggest hurdle and it can have a great impact on our ability to manage our disease.
    I wish you the very best and hope that things get better for you and your sister.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Hello and welcome to our family, l am sorry to hear that your relationships with your father and your sister are complicated and makes you unhappy. I'm not sure that I understand what it was that your sister wanted from you by being kind.
    I am glad that you have a doctor who believes you and who is willing to treat you. Many times, that is our biggest hurdle and it can have a great impact on our ability to manage our disease.
    I wish you the very best and hope that things get better for you and your sister.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Wow i feel sadded I have been apart of this site family for like 3 or 4 years, lol. Thanks for the advice though it's much appreciated.