Thread: my face!!!!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default my face!!!!

Hi, I'm here cause I need some support. I found out I had lupus almost two years ago when I was pregnant. Now the rashes an swollen eyelids just took over my face. I feel so ugly an cry all the time, soo stressed out. I just want to give up! Idk what to do its like the meds are not working. #stressedtothemax

Thanks

Poor you.

This is a great place for support.

Hugs
    Jx

Thanks

It takes awhile to get these meds right. I have been on a couple different meds and some didn't work for me either. Now I'm on Cellcept and benlysta infusions,and I feel soooo much better. I do still get the sores on my face and I haven't figured that out yet but I use cortisone cream to stop the itching. What does your dr say about the swollen eyelids? That should be talked about,sometimes that could be a symptom of kidney disease. Hang in there!!!

Thanks

Tight hugs...First of all, right now, go splash some cool water on your face to help with the swollen eyes from crying. Calm your mind, as Lupus loves stress..it keeps it alive, thriving.

Have you been to your dermatologist? Do you have a corticosteroid cream? If you use that, use sparingly because that in itself is irritating and causes burned like skin. Do you have an emollient, not a lotion but something like CeRave? That is used as a barrier to keep moisture in, from being lost from the drying corticosteroid cream. You alternate between the steroid cream, then the barrier. If you have tried these methods...see your Rheumba...perhaps you are in need of oral prednisone.

Swollen lids can be from anything. Lupus in itself can cause it. An allergic reaction. Edema. Please see your DR to be evaluated, there are regimens out there that can control, manage our sufferings....so don't wait. Call your DR or Rheumba now...okay.

Tight hugs...keep looking for your wellness.
    Oluwa
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.