Thread: Methylprednisolone Dose Pack

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Methylprednisolone Dose Pack

I have started taking this dose pack yesterday and I am in alot of pain. This is suppose to help me out of a flare but it seems to be getting worse instead of getting better. How long does this seem to last ? Has anyone else taken this and if so how long were you in pain before it stopped.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dosage requirements of corticosteroids vary among individuals and the diseases being treated and the time in which you see positive effects varies dependent upon the dosage and the severity of the disease. In general, the lowest effective dose is used in order to treat your symptoms.
    Methylprednisolone is used to achieve prompt suppression of inflammation. Examples of inflammatory conditions for which methylprednisolone is used include rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, acute gouty arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, and Crohn's disease. Most signs of lupus respond rapidly to corticosteroid treatment. Since you say that your symptoms seem to be worsening, I would suggest that you contact your doctor and advise him/or her of this.
    Let us know how you are doing
    Saysusie

Thanks

I am feeling alot better today. My husband said he thinks it was the meds. attacking the inflammation. My face is finally taking its own shape now, I have gained 20 pounds in a month with this last flare. I know that it is the inflammation and water retention. Thanks for the info. and always having such a fast response.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

:lol:
    That's why we are here. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie