Thread: Toothache...followed by bleurgh!!!

Thanks

Angry Toothache...followed by bleurgh!!!

Hi Peeps!

So the osteoporosis from the steroids is making my teeth break up. Bah humbug, but the other day I lost 3/4 of my wisdom tooth above the gum line and the filling that was in it. It's only partially erupted. I got a dentist apt 2 days later (yay!!) which I was terrified of. He fills my tooth.

The End.

Only it isn't. My gum was so sore and puffy, then he has to move it around to get the filling in and now my immune system is flipping out. The whole side of my face is sore and I feel completely fluey..all lupus like. My glands are up and my neck hurts...

oh poop.

So I am miserable and puffy and hoping it doesn't last long.

Happy weekend peeps!!

jx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I feel for you, having same problem

Thanks

Hugs nonna xxxxxxx

I'm feeling worse...

Jx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Any kind of trauma to the body can cause us to flare however you must always make sure you tell your dentist you have Lupus and what meds you take. There are some special precautions that have to be taken. Even doing this it can be rough for our body. I would suggest getting to the doc soon and seeing if he can help you stop flaring before it gets too bad. Hope you feel better!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hope you're feeling better nonna. Xx
    (And when I said "I feel worse" I didn't mean I feel worse than you, I meant I felt worse from when I first posted!)

Hi Mari. Lupus is a pest! But I'm feeling better than yesterday so there's some improvement. I usually hate making a fuss, but it's always worrying when you first start to feel really poorly because you know this could be your life for the next few days/weeks/months! I think 'normal' people don't have those same concerns we do, lucky them!!

Jx