Thread: Super newbie

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Super newbie

Hello all,

So, I haven't been officially diagnosed with Lupus. I hope it's okay that I post here, anyway. I'm at a loss for people to talk to or get advice from, so I'm hoping I can find a place here.

This last year or so has been tumultuous, and specifically this summer, my health has just dropped out from underneath me. I got initial labwork when it first started with normal values coming back, but things are much, much worse now and I'm freaked. I don't have insurance, though, so I'm having a hard time figuring out how to go about things.

I have several of the classic signs/symptoms of lupus, some I've had for many years: round skin rashes, ulcers in nose and mouth, joint swelling/aching/stiffness EVERYWHERE, muscle aching and weakness, fatigue, nerve pain/numbness/tingling, heart rate increase (60 resting to around 80-100 resting) and blood pressure increase, dizziness, feeling faint upon standing, memory problems and confusion, frothy/cloudy urine, headaches, severe mood swings, difficulty catching my breath, fevers every night, and specifically flares triggered by exposure to the sun. Everything kind of leveled off after my knee injury, as I had to stop gardening and going outside. As an experiment, I went outside to do a few things for about 10 minutes again yesterday, then same today. I am immediately back to feeling like I'm burning from the inside out, and my muscles are so weak, I shake. I have intermittent numbness in my arms and legs and stomach problems.

I guess I'm just scared, as these things seem like they could be serious. Do they sound serious to anyone else? Thanks for reading my crazy ramble.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family;
    By its very nature, Lupus is a bit of a scary disease as it can affect every part of our bodies..from organs to tissues. Your symptoms are familiar to those of us who suffer from the disease and it sounds as if your Lupus is active right now and that there may be several issues going on at the same time.
    Weather or not your symptoms are serious is only something that your doctor can tell you and probably only after he has run several tests to see what is going on and if any damage has been done.
    I understand that you do not have insurance and seeing a doctor may be difficult. But, I would advise that you try to do so soon to insure that these symptoms are not serious.
    I know that this can be quite frightening, especially if you have no one to share with. Please know that we are here to help you as much as we can and want you to have the knowledge that might help to alleviate some of your fears. Please read the "sticky" posts at the top of each forum, join in on any conversation and ask any questions that you may have. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!