Thread: Solu Medrol infusion or injection

Thanks

Default Solu Medrol infusion or injection

Hi gang,

So blood pressure has been high and so is my Anti-DNA so my nephrologist wants me to get methylprednisone. Have folks gotten injections? Any tips on infusions?
    Thanks.

Best, Elizabeth
    Lupus (nephritis), Osteopenia, Raynaud's, plaqueneil, cellcept

Thanks

I had an injection of Medrol & then Prednilosone pill pack when I had my allery reaction to Plaquinil. It was wonderful! I felt normal again like I hadn't felt in months. After a week of that I went back to the methylprednisone pills that was previously prescribed. However, my joint pain came back. It was so sad to have that taste of normal and have it taken away. I asked my Rhuemy if I could go back, but he said just to adjust my dose of the methylprednisone pills higher. That didn't offer any additional relief so he bumped me back down to the 12mg I started on additionally. Next visit I will be asking for other options, and if there aren't any for the joint pain relief I'm going to ask permissn to stop the methylprednisone all together, as it's not offering much relief. The side effects are not pleasant long term, and not worth it for me at this time. The side effects I've had currently being on steriods are non-stop insatiable hunger, where I just eat all the time. Yesterday I noticed more & longer (more noticable) facial hair...
    From what my doc says the steriods were only supposed to be a temporary fix until the MTX kicks in.

Good luck & I hope your meds offer you some relief.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbyrition For This Useful Post:

papillon (01-30-2014)

Thanks

My son just finished his infusions of methelpred. a few months ago. He did just fine with them. Good luck!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Leahc For This Useful Post:

papillon (01-30-2014)