Thread: had cervical biopsy

Thanks

Unhappy had cervical biopsy

had the colposcopy today am very sore they found polyp and removed it. also found cell changes in cervix so had biopsy will have to wait another 2 weeks for results this waiting is stressing me out.i waited 3months just to get this done and now I have to wait another 2 weeks still to find out if I have cancer. just wish process was a bit faster.

Thanks

Hang in there, Kim. I have had many abnormal paps, two colposcopies, two sets of biopsies and one LEEP procedure under general anesthesia. As scared as I would get, each time it turned out to be something less than cancer. The first time the results came back and it was CIN II, moderate displaysia, so they had to do a LEEP procedure which is essentially scraping off a full layer of my cervix so they can get all the abnormal cells. The second time the results came back as CIN I and for that, they said the best course of action is just "watch and wait", so I'll be going back in for another PAP in 3 months. It's nerve-wracking for sure but I try not to work myself up too much over it. If we take ourselves in to be regularly tested, don't miss appointments and take care of our bodies by eating right and exercising, I truly believe we have a better change of avoiding cancer, even if we have risk factors. Let us know how the results turn out and in the meantime, try to focus your energy on something positive! : )
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus" ...Fortune Favors the Brave.
    ~ Diagnosed SLE Lupus, Endometriosis, Anxiety Disorder, IBS~
    Meds: 400mg Plaquenil, Prednisone 6-day pack (for flares), 800mg Ibuprofen 3x day, Xanex (rarely), Vicodin (rarely)
    Supplements: Omega 3/6/9 complex, 2000iu Vit D, Iron/B12, Calcium, Folate complex, Cranberry, Probiotic, MSM/Glucosamine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to deannegirl For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (09-18-2013)

Thanks

thankyou deannegirl I am scared but am trying to stay positive . I regularly have papsmears the papsmear was clear but the nurse found lesion doctor yesterday after colposcopy said it was a polyp she seen but when he put painted my cervix with the vinegar mixture that is when he found it turned a colour that was not normal so he took biopsy. I do not drink or smoke. I am on diet I am severly overweight . due to genetics I have thyroid problems. gained weight with prednisone am trying to lose weight have trouble with exercise due to pain but will get back into pool soon. doctor says cannot get into pool for 2 weeks because of colposcopy. I am emotional eater so I am struggling so I am using replacement shakes and soups and bars to lose weight in case I need hysterectomy because they will not operate at my current size. thankyou for caring. kim

Thanks

Hi Kim,

I can imagine how bad it is, to have to wait so long for the result, but try not to worry to much, until you know for sure.
    I know, its easier said than done.
    Crossing my fingers for you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kim, my support group has a saying, "It is what it is." Worrying can't change the results. We are here for you, try to relax and remember we're here and we care