Thread: Plaquenil and liver/sun/age spots?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Angry Plaquenil and liver/sun/age spots?

Hi peeps!

I've been really bothered lately since I noticed pale brown patches of skin on my face, between my eyebrows, and along my hairline. I looked it up and have seen it attributed to hydroxy'etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess I'm vain, but it's really bothering me! I turned 40 last weekend and I don't want to look it! I think I will have to buy some foundation to cover it...first time I've ever needed it, but I look exhausted already, I don't need something else that makes me hate my mirrors!

Love
    Jx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've never had the brown blotches on my skin. But, I have deep black circles under my eyes (that turn almost purple when I am in a flare); black blotches on my nose (leftovers from lupus lesions); and a crevice in my cheek (another leftover from lupus lesions).
    At this point, I care less and less about my physical appearance as I am so very grateful for days of relatively good health. Those days are becoming few and far between, so I cherish them so much more than how I look. When I can get out of bed on my own, go outside and take a walk, and do a bit of exercise, I am elated.
    Whomsoever is judging how I look instead of who I am can just dismiss themselves from my life. I am 62yrs old and don't really care how old I look.
    Just my point of view of living with Lupus!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (09-19-2013)

Thanks

It sounds like you are so poorly. I wish you could do more.

U are totally right about it not mattering how you look. I just want to feel young and invincible forever!

Jx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jaynie,

I also have the brown spots and scars from lesions on my face. I was always told I didn't look my age. I am 33 now and I absolutely hate mirrors. I have deep purple/black rings under my eyes and my hair is falling out. I have watched my body go from muscular to hardly any muscle at all. I have to say, it's depressing some days. I use coco butter and some concealer mixed together for make-up. It helps my dry skin and also covers some, not all. I have always been one who likes to look good, but here lately that's impossible.
    If you come across any secrets to helping this problem, please share with the rest of us.

Good luck,
    Creekbank

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I found that I got those spots the more photosensitive I became. Try using Nueteagena face sunscreen. It is an SPF of 100 and goes on under makeup (lol which I can't wear now). I had those spots on my chest for years and had no clue what they were. The Nutragena might help
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi there, I'm so glad you asked this question because this is something I was going to ask about myself. Its not bad enough that Lupus makes you feel like an old person, is also makes you look older than you are. It does affect you everywhere but the eyes are the worst appearance wise. I wasn't sure if it was the Lupus or not but if I am not the only one then it must be. It was frightening to see myself deteriorate so quickly. I even went to the extreme of dying my hair today. Yes it looks better but it is an extreme and temporary measure. Somehow knowing that it is the Lupus doing this makes it easier to deal with. Its not me, its this condition. Makes me keep looking all the more for answers. So if it is the Lupus then putting stuff on the outside will not help much, it needs to come from the inside. Oh well, back to the search. Heres hoping we can find the answers we need. Soon.
    Best of Luck to all.