Thread: New comer

Thanks

Talking New comer

well im new to this this site so let me just introduce myself. im deneisha noble 13 years of age and currently living in jamaica. i was diagnoosed with lupus last year may and at this time trying to cope and understand this illness. if anyone here would like to be guide on this site please alert me some how. i wont be online very often due to the fact that im a student in high school. thank u.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL' I am so sorry you are goin through all of this. Please make yourself at home. Feel free to ask any questions. We will be here for you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

hi deneisha, I am sorry that you have lupus, but glad you are here with us now. the site is generally an open chat forum. we have broken our discussion threads into a few topics. you will see them when you first enter the site. there is a section for teens with lupus. this is there so you can talk with people closer to your own age, although some of us oldies do also comment on there. there is also a section just for mens issues, as only 1 in 10 people with lupus are male, it is hard for men to find each other. there is also sections on medication and symptoms. in each section there is what we call stickies. these are kept at the top of each section. a sticky is a general discussion that had important information for everyone, so we have decided to highlight it. you are welcome to look through all of the older threads, as they are our personal experiences with lupus. please comment on any thread you feel the need to. there is really no right or wrong on here, but we have needed to ad a few rules to keep everyone on the similar concepts. one of the best things about this site ...... is it brings a world wide support group to you. we are all here because we also need support. so ...... welcome to your new cyber family.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.