Thread: Allergies???

Thanks

Default Allergies???

So, Monday morning Dylan woke up for school and he was really congested, had a scratchy throat and said that his ear hurt a little. He was outside with family a good portion of Sunday. So I called his gp and asked them what they thought because he will now be like this off and on ALL winter long! Maybe with some relief for a few days but won't be completely gone till spring. I talked it over with the nurse and I asked if this was something that he (the dr.) needed to talk to his nephrologist about. She was gonna talk to him and she said that she'd get back to me before 3:00. At 3:30 I got a call from her stating that he wants Dylan to start taking Zyrtec. Does anyone else get these issues?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What you describe sounds commonplace for those of us who suffer with allergies. Many allergy sufferers take Zyrtec. I guess that the primary difference would be if you discovered exactly what it is that he is allergic to. This would require allergy testing (usually a skin allergy test) -see Wikepedia for a full explanation of skin allergy testing. Knowing what he is allergic to can be very helpful in attempting to avoid those things in order to prevent a reaction such as the one that you described.
    I hope that he gets better and I wish you both the best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Leahc (09-14-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had horrible allergies when I was younger I used to drink that liquid benadryl with the hydrocodone in it because my skin would itch like not other. Now with the help of the steroids i'm on for the lupus it really made it more manageable. Zyrtec I hear is good, I prefer clareton but I know a lot of people prefer Zyrtec depends on which med works best because they work differently for everyone. I do get allergies during the winter not as often as spring and summer but it still happens. I'm mostly allergic to everything outside(pollen and stuff)

Thanks

Hard to narrow down what he'd be allergic to without a skin test because we live in the country, on a farm. Last winter he ended up on a nasal steriod, which I don't think worked. We gave up and just used a nettie pot and a cool mist vaporizer. His throat was more sore this morning but he hasn't started the Zyrtec yet. Thanks for the info!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

zyrtec is a very good "general" medication. it covers most "common" allergies and has a high success rate. my family has seasonal allergies, and 2 people have cat allergies also. zyrtec is our "go to" brand.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Leahc (09-14-2013)