Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it the heat?

Thanks

Default Another MY TOO !

I second Sunshine 101 with hitting the jackpot of Me TOO's!! It's raining up here in NH today, and I'm finally feeling a whew, but I can tell my arms, legs and hips have taken a beating from the heat, and feeling like I've had to carry burning weights on each limb all week, oh every limb is so creaky. And nights have been bad for me too, not being able to sleep at all, feeling so hot. last night the heat was better and was able to fall asleep 1:30 am, better than it has been.

The funiest thing happened to me yesterday though, and wonder if this is a freaky thing... I had to undergo a 2 hr MRI, (they did head, c-spine & spinal, then contrast). I was so hot going in, but I got chilly feet and hands so fast. It was weird because I had been a mobile oven all week, and I actually asked for a blanket when they said the contrast injection was going to make my arm feel cold. Of course once I went outside again in the humidity, I wish I could have stayed in the tube...LOL.

Thanks

My feet are so hot in the summer that I can't STAND to wear socks and shoes. I have to wear sandals and flip flops. It helps just to have them air out all day....

Thanks

:multi: I totally agree with you. My feet feel like their suffocating if I wear socks during the summer. This is my first summer with lupus, and the heat and the sun has been working against me. And we've been having a heatwave with temps reaching 100 degrees on the worst days. ops: I feel like that little guy--RED-HOT! Especially my feet. Sleeping with icepacks on my feet has been helping. Does anyone else have trouble sleeping at night because of HOT feet?? :sleeping:

Thanks

Default Trouble Sleeping When It's Hot

And while you all have been moanin' about the hot weather and sleepin' in this hot stuff....I had my lawn chair firmly planted in the baby pool with my feet screamin' hallelujah....praise the cool water (smile)....it's nice to be able to get up and go out in my backyard...yep, in the middle of the night and do the "cooldown jig"...... love to ya'll - browneyedgirl

Thanks

:lol: Can I join you Browneyedgirl53?! :lol: That sounds so good right now. I'm jealous! I need to get me one of those kiddiepools too. My feet are on fire again. I'll be sleeping with the icepacks again tonight. I can see the steam rising from your feet from the cool water. Heehehe. :lol:

Thanks

Default Come on over...the water's fine!!!

Hey girlfriend,

Come on over, the water's sooooooo cool!!! (smile). My favorite time of the year is Fall, and just think it'll be here soon. That's how I cope with this hot weather...Summer is my least favorite time of year. There's something about being hot, smelly, AND sweaty that's so unappealing to me !
    Laugh -

Life is good, love is better
    Browneyedgirl

p.s. sleeptight and keep your feet cool tonight !!!

Thanks

I'll try to 'sleeptight and keep my feet cool tonight.' You're so funny! :lol: This is my first summer dealing with lupus. I used to look forward to summer, now I can't wait til fall or even spring. I totally agree with you... We're having a HEATWAVE 8) this week, temps reaching close to 100 degrees! Being stinkie, hot, and sweaty-just leaves me hot and bothered. Plus just being in the sun just wipes me out. :sleeping:

Thanks

Default Hot Chicks !!

Hey Buddha Baby,

I thought Jersey girls were tough !! Smile

Signing off for now -

Love to you
    Browneyedgirl

Thanks

Default HeatWave!

Today is the beginning of a heatwave. 8) By wednesday, temps are supposed to reach 100+degrees. The heat and humidity have been brutal. I worked all day today (8-6pm) only going out during my lunchbreak, which consisted of walking to my truck, driving home, and driving back to work. I was out in the heat for no more than 10 minutes, and now I feel so miserable. I haven't had swollen fingers in a while, but, now they're back. Its the HEAT! I have the fatigue, headache, bodyaches, I'm even getting moody and irritable... even a little dizzy, that may be because I didnt drink enough liquids. And my feet are on fire again...

Thanks

Default Hey Buddhabelly

You wanna borrow my kiddie pool? I'll be right over and we can stay cool together!!!

Just think - and this too shall pass!

Think Snow (smile)

Love - Browneyedgirl