Thread: This is sooo unpredictable....

Thanks

Red face This is sooo unpredictable....

Hello everyone,

I was just diagnosed in October 2012...by the time I was diagnosed my medical bills from all of the testing were past due...so, now I can't make any doctor appts. until I get pay off my previous bills (while I get sicker). I take Hydroxychlroquine now in addition to other meds..I work in the public school system and I have a 9 month old granddaughter who goes to daycare...Yikes! I am always sick so I hope I can depend on you guys for advice and vice versa...Thanks

Thanks

Hi!

Sorry you're poorly. Lupus is unpredictable, and that is what I find hardest about it. There are things you can do to support yourself the best way that you can. Eat well, rest well, listen to your body, stay out the sun, avoid stress!...Every little thing you can do to give your body the best chance to stay on an even keel.
    Hydroxy is the drug to be on it seems, certainly brought me out of a flare the year before last.

There's lots of lovely people here and lots of info...just have a trawl through and ask questions!

Hugs
    Jx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I do know how you feel, the medical bills are outrageous. Really I only pay the immediate bills like my doctors visits and my pharmacy. I don't even bother anymore with my hospital bills, no point because I have more important things to pay. One of the hospitals finally gave up trying to collect and i'm pretty sure after a couple of years they dropped it or just stopped bothering me. Start paying a little at a time and talk to your doctors accounting department to make a deal that way you can try to still see your doctor and have a balance. It took some crying on my part and being a patient for so long for them to do that for me, Idk what they expect because it's $600 per visit(lab work included in price) and I definitely don't have that money just laying around.

Thanks

Thanks sooo much for your advice...I have read so much stuff I think I have overloaded my brain. Food management is a big deal for me now.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Welcome to WHL. We are glad to have you here. Please take the time to read the stickys. There are only a couple of rules here. They are that we don't discuss diets or holistic type of treatments. We have members who have lost family members coming off meds for unproven methods and diets are just way to individual and should be discussed with ones doctor. Other than those topics we will be here for you and hopefully be able to bring you good information and comfort.

Once again, welcome to our family and I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~