I have been dealing with Lupus related symptoms for a year now. Looking back, I started having symptoms in my early years, but in the last year, I have declined in health. I have limited mobility, cognitive function problems, and organ impact. I have been to 3 doctors regarding the Auto-Immune symptoms I suffer. None of these doctors have said a definite diagnosis. They have spoke of Fibromyalgia, but that doesn't explain all the things I suffer.

My question is: If I can't work and don't have a definite diagnosis, can I start the process of applying for Disability?
I have done a lot of research on Auto-Immune diseases and my symptoms back up Lupus and I am on medications to treat Lupus. I am on my way to see a new Rheumatologist. I am hopeful he will listen to ALL my symptoms and take them into consideration. I feel my doctors have been dismissive of a lot of symptoms I have. My blood work has shown 2 positive ANA, but with low titer now. So many things have been affected through out this last year.

I have adapted my lifestyle to compensate for my inability to do much due to rapid inflammation through out my body. I have been a stay-at-home mom for 7 years now. I worked a full-time job since I was young. I have 2 kids. One is in Middle School and my other is 4 and starts pre-school 2 days a week. I planned to go back to work part-time when pre-school started, but I physically can't. Sadly, I have major flares after just going to Wal-Mart! I was a person who worked from the sun up to sun down and beyond around the house. Taking care of my family and home, painting, gardening, and such things. Now, I am incapable of many things. I have lost major muscle mass in my body due to inflammation and pain. I can't take narcotics due to them affecting my stomach. I do take Naproxen, but that just don't cut it most days. The pain gets in your head and you can't focus properly. I do not drive on those days.

I would really appreciate any advise. I feel like if I apply without a diagnosis, they will think I am faking or something. I don't know if others have felt that way or not. I am not sure what they look at for Auto-Immune diseases. I have heard it can take up to a year to be approved. I am very confused and scared about all this.

Many thanks to anyone who reads this!