Thread: Greeting everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hi.

Thanks

Default Greeting everyone, just wanted to stop in and say hi.

My name is mary or Minifem lol I have worked In the medical field for almost 20 years... mostly in family practice. Call me a junky... but I love the variety of what you see on a daily basis. There is always something to be learned in the medical field, be it learning to positively identify a rash just on a visual exam. Or when your setting there with a pt and taking their history and they inadvertently are throwing symptoms at you... all the while telling you about their great grand baby. Let me just say... I LOVE MY JOB! People are so amazing sometimes, and most of us take it for granted. So, I'll get off my soap box and to the real reason I chose this site. In my professional medical opinion, I believe my daughter has Lupus... but we haven't got her in for any testing yet. And I stress the yet....lol She has an apt next week. I have hit on this site numerous times while researching signs and symptoms and real like the "feel" of this one. Thanks for having such a great site.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome Minifem;
    You are one of the few lucky people who are able to say that they "Love" their job! I am happy for you.
    I do hope that your daughter does not have Lupus. But if it turns out that she does, please know that we are here to help you and to help her in any way that we can. Will you let us know when she starts testing and what the results of those tests are?
    You should know that it could take up to a year for a definitive diagnosis. Lupus, like most AI/Connective Tissue Diseases, is very difficult to diagnose. I am glad that you are here learning as much as you can about the disease so that you can be an advocate for her and can make informed decisions about her treatment and health care. I wish you and your daughter the very best and please, keep us posted on how she is doing.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!