Thread: Low Blood Sugar SE of hydroxychloorquine

Thanks

Default Low Blood Sugar SE of hydroxychloorquine

Any advise on how to control blood sugar se of Hydroxychlroquine? Don't have a rheumy yet 1st visit in Feb. But it was pretty bad today. Will try suggestion I was given yrs ago when had problem...due to consuming too much sugar don't eat sugar now but do eat fruit 3 x's day. Any help would be appreciated.
    Also I have been so out of it I forgot how to get to this site. so my replies were so late.
    Thanks,
    Heron

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,140 Posts

I have found natural sugars to be harder to stop taking.
    the quality of sugar they supply is quite strong, so please be careful how much you take.

a dietician can help if you need advice.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

The how-to of achieving control of blood sugar varies for every person, but there are some common tips to follow that can help improve your numbers.
    Healthy blood glucose (or blood sugar) control includes steps like following a balanced meal plan, engaging in an active lifestyle with sufficient physical activity, and taking blood glucose-lowering medications as you need them over the years. You might also need other medications to control your blood pressure and lipids (cholesterol). Consider some additional lifestyle tips that can also help control blood sugar and improve overall health.
    Oatmeal can help control blood sugar -- but don't get the sweetened kind. Even though it's a carbohydrate, it's a very good carbohydrate. It has been suggested to add
    plenty of nonstarchy vegetables, such as broccoli, spinach, and green beans, to your diet. These foods are high in fiber and low in carbohydrates.
    Meats, which are high in protein, don't affect blood sugar as much as carbohydrates. When eaten in proper portions, fish, skinless chicken breast, and lean cuts of meat are good choices
    Salmon is an especially smart option because it also contains heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Meat is also a source of chromium, a mineral that enables insulin to function properly and helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates.
    Trying to break a sugary soda habit? Or just tired of guzzling diet sodas day after day?Go for sugar-free sparkling waters, Moore says. The carbonated beverages come in various flavors, including tangerine, grapefruit, and apple-pear. "They take away the desire for something bubbly," she says.Many sparkling waters have no carbohydrates or calories -- a boon not just for blood sugar levels, but weight control, too.
    Cinnamon has been in the news lately as a spice that may have insulin-like effects and help reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
    I hope that this has been a bit helpful to you. I wish you the very best!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

yes have upped my cinamon..don't eat sugar only drink water...it hasn't happened again :0
    thanks
    heron

Thanks

on very strict diet from nutritionist becasue of fodmap sensitivity...although she did not call me back abt my question so i am not going back to her...only allowed 1/4 - 1/2 cup of fruit 3 hours apart a day...very healthy diet lots of lean protien but can only eat 3 green vegggies due to fodmap problems and only 1/2 cup of kale and 3/4 cup of spin or chard but only one of those per meal
    can't eat oatmeal...that was on saysusies post...i found it was a real trigger for shingles...haven't had as much trouble since on plaquenil may try again
    thanks
    heron

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,140 Posts

if you are looking for reliable "fodmap" details.
    go to the website for monash university in Australia ......
    they are credited as discovering fodmap.
    and have quality information.

I use them
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

heron (01-25-2015), Saysusie (01-28-2015)

Thanks

Those smart Aussie's did not know the FODMAP diet originated there.
    Thanks,
    Heron