Thread: Early Menopause????

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Early Menopause????

Hey...thanks for this website! I am new here..here goes.

I had my uterus removed in '99. I am wondering if I am going through early menopause. I am 39, 6 months away from 40. I am a witch more so than usual, and caught myself taking a pain pill to counter a borderline anxiety attack. not real responsible... The other symptoms I have read about can be explained by Lupus, and/or steroids. (cravings, weight gain, constipation, hair loss....)

I called the gyn and asked about changing anti depressants. He upped my Effexor XR...it did help, but was not a cure all.

If it keeps on another week or so I will call for a blood test, but hate to waste a doctors' visit.

Input, Ladies???

Thanks!
    Jen

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

jenKidd2;
    Had mine removed in 92 along with both ovaries and did become a flaming B*&$#!. However, hormone replacement therapy, anti-depressants and a therapist helped me to deal with a lot of my problems. I still suffer fron anxiety attacks occassionally, but now I am able to recognize their onset and do not allow myself to go into a full-blown panic.
    I do not know that there is a cure for the mood swings, just a way to control and/or manage them. Kinda like LUPUS!!

Best of Luck to You
    Saysusie 8)