Hello all!

I hope you're all having a good summer....

Long story short, I am on Methotrexate and Plaquenil - both work well for me, but for many months now I have been on 5mg of Prednisone per day to keep my energy level up and get rid of brain fog. My docs and I would like to get me off that, but even bringing it down to 4mg/day, I feel a difference - this (*&^%$#$ brain fog!!!!! It's awful - I feel like I am a bystander in life, just kinda drifting forgetfully along. I hate it!

Anyway - in doing some web research, I have come across some cases of people taking ritalin (or some similar med) for fatigue and brain fog associated with autoimmune disorders, and I am wondering if anybody here has had experience with it. You guys are my trusted go-tos.

I hate to add another drug to the list, but if it allows me to wean off prednisone, it seems like a less-harmful alternative.

At one point, my neurologist had me try Nuvigil, but I really didn't like that - I am super-sensitive to drugs, and while I never felt wired or anxious on the Nuvigil, it was very expensive and even on half a dose it seemed to completely erase my ability to sleep - NOT a good feature!
:-p

Anyway - just wondering if any of you have advice or experience to offer. I will ask my doctor about it, of course, but I wanted to educate myself beforehand.

As always, thank you Thank You THANK YOU!!!!